Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lounger's CV: A Better-late-than-never Armchair BEA Intro...

Hello again, Armchair BEAers, and welcome back old friends !  Allow me to (re)introduce myself...

Me:  Laurie here at What She Read (budding blogista) and founder-enthusiast-webmaster (looking to share this role!) at ActionReaders.com.  Also to be found in person, part-time, teaching writing & reading at a local high school, drawing, playing guitar, singing, walking, yoga & bodyflow, tending the hens and the ever-evolving  permaculture "yard", cooking, and cultivating friendships with artists, experts, readers, and world-changers of all ages, all over the world.

If you could put one book in the hands of everyone you come in contact with, what would it be and why?  Just the right book for them at that moment, the one that changes their life, offers them endless solace and pleasure, and gets them out there sharing their best stuff with the world.

What book are you looking forward to reading the most in 2011? Whichever one crosses my doorstep today... I've found that the go-with-the-flow, let-the-Universe-provide strategy works exceptionally well for me, so I strive (sometimes imperfectly) not to grasp at any one book.

Do you host any special events or memes on your blog that you would like to share with us (outside of Armchair BEA)? Please explain.  Yes, I host ActionReaders.com, our free social-networking site for readers changing their lives and the world. There'll be a monthly bookgroup, contests, challenges and action-opportunities, an evolving roster of additional features, plus plenty of networking for readers year round.
    Here at WhatSheRead, we just started a weekly Sat.-Sun. "Poem In Your Post" Blog Hop in which bloggers post their own work or interesting poems they've gathered, then we link up and enjoy them all weekend.

Other contact info.:
Goodreads: Laurie ActionReader (friend me!)
Twitter: ActionReader (dormant at the moment, but ready to get busy if you help me!)

Today is also networking day at ArmChair BEA, but because I follow so many blogs and do not wish to preference one over another, I'm going to simply note that most folks who follow book blogs tend to be book bloggers themselves.  So check my "Followers", and if you see a few unfamiliar icons, why not pick some and give them a visit?

MFB, and so glad to have discovered Armchair BEA!
L

6 comments:

Sidne said...

hi There, what happened to your title, W'hat She Reads' in the header? nice read!!

Laurie @ WhatSheRead said...

Thanks for the heads-up, Sidne: I see the title still, so I'll check other browsers to make sure. Also, I've been visiting your blog this week, but couldn't find a way to comment on recent posts... We'll stay in touch somehow, I know!

Laurie @ WhatSheRead said...

And may I add a quick networking shout-out to three of our founding Action Readers, each of whom hosts a fabulous blog?
It's Birdie of Birdie's Nest http://featherednest-birdie.blogspot.com/
Diana of In Which http://dorkavecunespork.wordpress.com
and Jackie of Jackie Is Reading
http://jackieisreading.wordpress.com/
If you've got a minute, please do check out their blogs - All quite well-written, entertaining, and edifying!

Michelle said...

Welcome to Armchair BEA! I had to stop by and say hi. Your blog name caught my eye. Mine is "That's What She Read". ;)

I hope you have a great week!

Unknown said...

Have added you as a friend on GoodReads (I'm AbigailAnn over there btw)

Laurie said...

Thanks, Michelle: I'm off to check out your kindred blog! AbigailAnn: We're Goodreads friends now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...