Friday, March 25, 2011

Leaping into Fiction: 'What She Read' Is Winne The Pooh

In answer to the Crazy for Books blog hop question, "If you could physically put yourself into a book or series, what would it be and why?", I'd have to say Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne.

Why?  In these challenging times rife with natural disasters, civil wars, growing economic inequity, and all manner of other ills escalating at an alarming rate, leaping into the world of Pooh will provide instance solace. 

A world without danger in which living from moment to moment is the only possibility:  It sounds transcendentally appealing right about now. 

And it's going to be sunny there when I meet Eeyore and Tigger and Kanga and Roo and Christopher Robin and Pooh and the Hephalumps...

There are days when a leap back into the world of childhood is the only sane move one can make.  Today is one of those days.  Will you join me?

MFB,
L

p.s.  And the world of the contemporary thriller is perhaps the last place I'd like to land.  Why?  Check out my earlier post below!

4 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Yes, how about Winnie the Pooh? That would be a world for me!

Here's my blog post for this hop. Hope you will stop by.

I'm an old follower!

Ms. C said...

I'm an old follower hopping through. I *love* your answer. It's so unique from everything else I have read through the Hop today... and I have a soft spot for Winnie haha.

Take care & happy reading,
Ms. C
http://www.coffeetalereviews.blogspot.com/

LBC said...

My initial impulse for this question was to answer, "The Boxcar Children." It sounded nice to me, as does Winnie the Pooh.

Sara said...

I love winnie the pooh. It was my daughters first audio book.

Visiting from the blog hop.

http://booksyourkidswilllove.blogspot.com/2011/03/follow-friday-and-book-blogger-hop_25.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...