Saturday, July 21, 2012

Thoreau Couplet : Poem In Your Post


My life has been the poem I would have writ
But I could not both live and utter it.


And so, I go.  Perhaps you'll memorize this worthwhile couplet, then take it along with you as you seize this summer day.

MFB, Transcendentally,
L

p.s.  I've been trolling the poems of Thoreau, Emerson, Robert Browning, and Louisa May Alcott while reading Eden's Outcasts, the Pulitzer-winning biography of LMA and her father, Bronson.  Much to ponder therein, and I'll share in an upcoming review.

If you've a poem to share today, offer it up in the comments below or link to your blogpost.

1 comment:

Laura Kozy Lanik said...

I read Eden's Outcasts a couple of years ago and I have a review of it on my blog. It was a tough read but I am so glad I read it. I learned so much. When I read March by Geraldine Brooks it brought back memories of Eden's Outcasts. I love Louisa May and if I would have had two girls, I would have named my 2nd girl after her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...